STATEMENT OF INTENT DRAFT 1

Statement of intent draft 1


  • Media Language
    The intention of my productions for my coursework will be to produce a realistic Dance music video featuring the song 'Summer' By Calvin Harris. as well as a cohesive website for the dance Dj that i have created.
      The video will present many conventions of the dance music genre as well as featuring the artist
      for the mies-en-scene in terms of clothing I will use typical summer clothing such as beach dresses and bikinis to illustrate a dance party theme and summer settings.
       for the camera work i will include the usage of summer holiday settings and having moments of slow motion to evoke relaxation as well as contrasting fast motion shots, with ranging angles, such as closeups to wide angle shots.
      The narrative of my music video is the first character travels alone on holiday, exploring a new country and different settings and locations. the theme of travel is highly important in the narrative. i will emphasise this by having shots from the car, walking around and other vehicles of travel. then towards the second half of the video the second character will be introduced... in a dance party


       props include alcoholic drinks, planes cars and flowers.
      I will include similar elements and highlight the theme of travel and summer vacation to elevate the theme of euphoria and freedom. there will be  a variety of settings including the beach, ranging to poolside a key theme I have also noticed is the theme of travel, walking, car and plane jorneys- the theme of escapism



      I will produce a website which will represent the Dj's brand, which is feminine, tropical and spiritual.
      Also, in both products i will present an eye catching logo to appeal to my target audience by making it bright, 





    through my research and planning I have studied the logos of other artists. from this I have discovered that they mostly have simple designs that often feature basic line designs so they are easily reciprocated by the viewer, for example the Calvin Harris logo is simple his name in a simple black and white line font. for my logo i would like to reflect a key symbol from dance music ideology and have neon colours to emphasise the theme.



  • Media Audiences
  • I intend to produce a dance music video and website aimed at the target audience of 16-25 years old who are of the AB demographic. this is due to the fact that dance music is largely aimed at this social group. This was evident when I researched the music videos because they largely represent these categories of people. Also, these social groups are most likely to listen to, or be exposed to this type of music most often, for example, in club environments that play dance music.
     and listen to youthful dance music radio stations such as Capital.
  • Media Industries

  • Media Representations

also I have researched artists newest music videos to learn about the common representations. this has been useful as I have found that many representations include youthful artists bright colour schemes and a feeling of freedom from the stresses of day to day life.







Comments

  1. Make sure you are explaining this using media language. Check accuracy (capital letters and I pronoun). Explain every element in relation to the intended effect on the target audience.
    Can you upload your website link please so I can see how far you have got with this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting for you to upload your website link. Could you do this by tomorrow (Friday 6th July).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STATEMENT OF INTENT